- Dr. Eng. in Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Federal University of Santa Catarina
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Federal University of Santa Catarina
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Member of CORE/UFSC - Center for quantification and reliability in engineering.
- Stochastic Numerics Research Group.
André Gustavo Carlon is a Postdoctoral Fellow at Stochastic Numerics Research Group under the supervision of Professor Raul F. Tempone at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
André's research interests include the Application of stochastic gradient methods in engineering problems and Optimization of experiments with non-linear models using Bayesian inference.
- A. G. Carlon, B. M. Dia, L. F. R. Espath, R. H. Lopez, R. Tempone. Nesterov-aided stochastic gradient methods using Laplace approximation for Bayesian design optimization. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2020.
- A. G. Carlon, R. H. Lopez, L. F. R. Espath, L. F. F. Miguel, A. T. Beck. A stochastic gradient approach for the reliability maximization of passively controlled structures. Engineering Structures, 2019.
- R. H. Lopez, J. E. Souza de Cursi, A. G. Carlon. A state estimation approach based on stochastic expansions. Computational and Applied Mathematics, 2017