With great computational power comes great algorithmic responsibility.
PhD in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), 2013
BS in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, Jinan University (JNU), Guangzhou, China, 2010
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Extreme Computing Research Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (Feb, 2016 - Present)
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Joseph Fourier University, France, (Jan 2014 - Dec 2015)
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Member, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
Dr. Longfei Gao is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Extreme Computing Research Center (ECRC) in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), working with Professor David Keyes in his research group.
Education and Early Career
Dr. Gao has a Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, 2014. Before joining KAUST, he got a BS in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics from Jinan University, China.
Longfei is focusing on numerical methods for PDEs, wave propagation, preconditioning techniques, and data science.
KAUST provides a top-notch platform for scholars to conduct cutting-edge research.
Why did you choose your field of research?
Computational science and engineering is an exciting research field that has been the engine of innovation that propel the growth of human society for centuries.
- Application of the generalized multiscale finite element method in parameter-dependent PDE simulations with a variable-separation technique, L. Gao, X. Tan, E. T. Chung, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 300 pp. 183191., (2016)
- Using time filtering to control the long-time instability in seismic wave simulation, L. Gao, R. Brossier, J. Virieux, Geophysical Journal International 204, 3 pp. 14431461, (2016)
- An immersed free surface boundary treatment for seismic wave simulation, L. Gao, R. Brossier, B. Pajot, J. Tago, J. Virieux, GEOPHYSICS 80, 5 pp. T193T209, (2015)
- Preconditioners based on the Alternating-Direction-Implicit algorithm for the 2D steady-state diffusion equation with orthotropic heterogeneous coefficients, L. Gao and V. Calo, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 273 pp. 274295, (2015)
- Fast Isogeometric Solvers for Explicit Dynamics, Computer Methods, L. Gao and V. Calo, in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 274 , pp. 1941. Website, (2014)