KAUST offers an outstanding environment for graduate studies and scientific research.
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (January 2021 – July 2022)
- Diplôme d’ingénieur in Multidisciplinary Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie, Tunis, Tunisia (September 2017 - September 2020)
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Physics, University of Sfax - Preparatory Institute for Engineering Studies, Sfax, Tunisia (September 2015 - July 2017)
- Visiting Student, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) (May 2020 – September 2020)
- Graduate Research, Tunisia Polytechnic School, Tunis, Tunisia (May 2020 – September 2020)
- Huawei’s Seeds for the Future Program, Huawei, Shenzhen, China (July 2019)
- Engineering Intern, Biware Consulting, Tunis, Tunisia (June 2019 – August 2019)
- Summer Intern, Tunisie Telecom, Sfax, Tunisia (July 2018)
Fares Fourati is a Ph.D. student at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini.
Fares Fourati has studied mathematics and physics at the University of Sfax and has been among the top 1% in the Tunisian national contest of mathematics and physics in 2017. In 2020, he received his diplôme d’ingénieur with first-class honors in multidisciplinary engineering from Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie. In 2022, he received his Master of Science in electrical and computer engineering from KAUST.
Before joining the MS/Ph.D. program at KAUST, he had research experience with KAUST as a visiting student under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini. He had previous research experience with the Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie. He participated in several machine learning competitions, became a Kaggle competitions expert, and was ranked in the top 1% of the contestants. In summer 2019, he was selected among the 15 best engineering students in Tunisia to participate in the “Huawei Seeds for the Future” program in China.
Fares Fourati is interested in artificial intelligence and machine learning, especially reinforcement learning and deep learning robustness.
F. Fourati and MS Alouini. "Artificial intelligence for satellite communication: A review." Intelligent and Converged Networks 2.3 (2021): 213-243.
AU Rahman, F. Fourati, et al. "Network Graph Generation Through Adaptive Clustering and Infection Dynamics: A Step Toward Global Connectivity." IEEE Communications Letters 26.4 (2022): 783-787.
F. Fourati, et al. "Wheat head detection using deep, semi-supervised and ensemble learning." Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing 47.2 (2021): 198-208.