KAUST is an environment that promotes competitivity, allows personal growth in a rich multicultural community and encourages research through a top-tier supervision.
Communication engineering is a key enabling domain for future communication technologies. It offers diverse perspectives to contribute to the development of the ICT industry.
- Preparatory School in Tunis Preparatory Engineering Institute (IPEIT) (September 2015 – June 2017)
- B.S in Polytechnic Engineering, Tunisia Polytechnic School, Tunis (September 2017 – June 2020)
- Workman Internship at BUTAGAZ, Tunis (August 2018)
- Engineering Internship at BIWARE CONSULTING- Emotional Artificial Intelligence, Tunis (June 2019 – August 2019)
- Huawei’s Seeds for the Future (July 2019)
- Graduating Internship at KAUST – THz UM-MIMO Data Detection (February 2020 – June 2020)
Hakim Jemaa is a MS/PhD student in the Communication Theory Lab (CTL) under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini and Professor Tareq Al-Naffouri in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Hakim obtained his bachelor's degree in Polytechnic Engineering from Tunisia Polytechnic School in 2020. In his second year of engineering studies, he conducted a research project on data science about Emotional Artificial Intelligence at Biware Consulting under the supervision of Mr. Amine Boussarsar, associate director. For graduation, Hakim worked on Terahertz (THz) ultra-massive MIMO data detection under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini, Professor Tareq Al-Naffouri, and Doctor Hedi Sarieddeen.
Hakim is interested in the field of communication engineering, specifically in ultra-massive MIMO systems and data detection and coding under THz communications. Hakim is experienced in data science and programming with C++ and Matlab.
Honors and Awards
Hakim was selected among the 15 top Tunisian students in the ICT domain to take part in Huawei’s Seeds for the Future Program 2019.