KAUST is a great environment for research and creativity.
Communication Engineering is the backbone of current and future technology.
Hussam Ibraiwish is a Master’s student in the Communication Theory Lab (CTL) under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Hussam has obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Jordan in 2021. He was a visiting student at CTL in 2020 before becoming a KAUST student in 2021. Hussam was also the Vice Chair of the IEEE ComSoc in the University of Jordan.
Hussam is interested in machine learning and communication theory. He is particularly interested in the fields of wireless communication and next-generation cellular networks.
Honors and Awards
Hussam has received his Bachelor’s degree with first-class honor. He was bestowed the Outstanding Undergraduates Scholarship from the Ministry of Education and Scientific Research in Jordan for five years 2017-2021.
- H. Ibraiwish, A. Elzanaty, Y. H. Al-Badarneh, and M.-S. Alouini, “EMF-aware cellular networks in RIS-assisted environments,” 2021.
- BSc in the university of Jordan, Amman, Jordan (September 2016 – June 2021)
- Visiting Student Research Program at KAUST (June 2020 –Octobar 2020)
Awards and Distinctions
- Graduated with first-class honor.
- The Outstanding Undergraduates Scholarship from the Ministry of
- Education and Scientific Research in Jordan for five years 2017-2021.