Jose Roberto Ayala Solares was a CTL lab member and graduated from KAUST. Then, he joined the Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education as a lecturer.
- J. R. Ayala Solares, “Optimal Power Allocation of a Sensor Node under Different Rate Constraints,” King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, Jul. 2011.
- J. R. Ayala Solares, Z. Rezki, and M. -S. Alouini, "Optimal power allocation of a sensor node under different rate constraints," in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2012), Ottawa, Canada, Jun. 2012.
- J. R. Ayala Solares, Z. Rezki, and M. -S. Alouini, "Optimal power allocation of a single transmitter – multiple receivers channel in a cognitive sensor network," in Proc. of International Conference on Wireless Communications in Unusual and Confined Areas (ICWCUCA 2012), Clermont-Ferrand, France, Aug. 2012.
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia since September 2009.
- B.S. in Mechatronics Engineering, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), Mexico City, Mexico (August 2004–December 2008).