- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Al Dhahran, Saudi Arabia (Jan 2016 - Present).
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Taiz University, Taiz, Yemen (2003- 2008).
- Optical wireless communication
- Physical layer security
- Resource allocation and optimization
- Non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA)
- Energy harvesting
- Cooperative communication
M. Obeed, “Physical layer security in one-way and two-way relay systems,” King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Al Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Jan. 2016.
- M. Obeed, A. M. Salhab, S. A. Zummo, M. -S. Alouini, " Joint Optimization of Power Allocation and Load Balancing for Hybrid VLC/RF Networks,'' OSA/IEEE Journal of Optical Communication Networks, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 553-562, May 2018.
- M. Obeed, W. Mesbah. "Efficient algorithms for physical layer security in two-way relay systems." Elsevier; Physical Communication, vol. 28, no. 1874-4907, pp. 78-88, 2018.
- M. Obeed, W. Mesbah. " An efficient physical layer security algorithm for two-way relay systems," in Proc. of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2012), Doha, Qatar, 2016.
- M. Obeed, A. M. Salhab, S. A. Zummo, M. -S. Alouini, " Joint Load Balancing and Power Allocation for Hybrid VLC/RF Networks," in Proc. of IEEE Global Communications conference (Globecom 2017), Singapore, 2017.