KAUST provides an opportunity to delve into science and improve skills.
Access to telecommunications is a basic human right.
- M.S. in Information and communication technologies and systems, Southern Federal University (SFedU), Rostov-on-Don, Russia (September 2021 - July 2023)
- B.S. in Radio Physics, Southern Federal University (SFedU), Rostov-on-Don, Russia (September 2017 - July 2021)
- Operation Senior Radio Engineer in PJSC “Mobile TeleSystems”, Rostov-on-Don, Russia (April 2022 - August 2023)
- Radio Engineer in LTD “Gazprom Media Radio”, Rostov-on-Don, Russia (January 2021 - April 2022)
Honors & Awards
- 2019 – 2020 Cargill Global Scholarship program
- 2021 Winner of the Federal universities Olympiad for admission to Master's degree program
Narek Khachatrian is a PhD student in Electrical and Computer Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), working under supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini in the Communication Theory Laboratory (CTL).
Education and Early Career
Narek Khachatrian studied Radio Physics and got his Bachelor from Southern Federal University in Russian Federation in 2021. In 2023, he received Master’s degree in Information and communication technologies and systems from Southern Federal University in Russian Federation.
Before joining KAUST, during final year of bachelor degree he worked as Radio Engineer for the biggest Russian broadcasting company. Also, during Masters years he worked as Operation Senior Radio Engineer in the largest telecommunication company in Russia.
Narek Khachatrian is interested in movable base stations and Network-in-a-Box, especially for usage in emergency zones and less populated areas.
Honors and Awards
Narek Khachatrian won the Cargill Global Scholarship program in 2019-2020. He also won the Federal universities Olympiad for admission to Master's degree program in Russia in 2021.