The state-of-the-art facilities, training, services and industrial collaborations available at KAUST attract the global research community. Our goal is to improve the quality of service by improving the existing communication networks and infrastructure.
- M.S./Ph.D. – Electrical Engineering, King Abdullah University Of Science And Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, KSA (Aug. 2015 – Present)
- B.E. – Electrical Engineering (Telecommunication), National University Of Science And Technology (NUST), Islamabad, Pak. ( Sep. 2008 - Jun. 2012)
- Lab Intern, ProtoLab, Innovation Cluster, Research and Technology Park , KAUST (Jul. 2016 - Dec. 2016)
- Research Engineer, R&D Lab, National Radio and Telecommunication Corporation Haripur, Pak (Aug. 2012 - Jul. 2015)
Honors & Awards
- Nov. 2012 PRESIDENT GOLD MEDAL , (President of Pakistan) First Position in B.E. Electrical Engineering
- Aug. 2008 ACADEMIC GOLD MEDAL, (Minister of Education in Pakistan) 1st/26, 572-Girls in Rawalpindi Board
- Jun. 2012 WINNING TEAM, (Federal Secy Ministry of IT) 11th Annual All Pakistan Computer Projects and Exhibition
Sidrah Javed is a Ph.D. candidate in Communication Theory Lab (CTL), Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). She is supervised by Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini and co-supervised by Professor Basem Shihada.
Education and Early Career
Sidrah completed her M.S. in Electrical Engineering under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini from KAUST in 2016. During her M.S. studies, she has actively participated in setting up the ProtoLab in KAUST Innovation Cluster as a Lab Intern. Sidrah has also served as a teacher assistant with Professor Bernard Ghanem in Numerical Optimization course. Before joining KAUST, in 2015, she gained some professional industrial experience by working as a research engineer in R&D LAB, National Radio and Telecommunication Corporation, Pakistan. She received her Bachelor of Engineering from National University of Science And Technology (NUST) with distinction. She was a summer intern in Image Processing Lab, NUST and also in Operation And Maintenance Department, Pakistan Telecommunication Corporation Limited. Her complete profile is available at https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidrah-javed-65886454
Sidrah’s research interests include but not limited to hardware constrained communications, interference management, cooperative communications, vehicular tracking/monitoring and solar energy harvesting. She is currently investigating machine learning algorithms in wireless communication applications.
Honors and Awards
Sidrah was awarded President Gold Medal for being the Outstanding Graduate, Rector Gold Medal for the Best Engineering Project and various other gold medals throughout her academic career. Sidrah was awarded the Best Academic Award by Chief Minister of Punjab, Pakistan. She was a part of the winning team in 11th Annual All Pakistan Computer Projects and Exhibition.