- PhD., Electrical Engineering, KAUST, KSA, 2018
- M.Sc., Electronics and Electrical Engineering, University of Glasgow, Scotland, 2006
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering , KFUPM, Saudi Arabia 2003
- Saudi Aramco, Offshore Projects, Projects Management.
- Certified Projects Management Professional (PMP).
- ABB, Process Automation, Projects Management.
- ABB, Power Systems, Projects Management.
- SABIC, Hadeed, Electrical Maintenance.
Scientific and Professional Membership
- IEEE Student Member
Abdullah Halafi obtained his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering under the supervision of Professor Basem Shihada at Networking Research Lab in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), in 2018. Abdullah Al-Halafi received the B.Sc. degree in electrical engineering from the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia, in 2003, the M.Sc. degree in electronics and electrical engineering from the University of Glasgow, U.K., in 2006. He was involved in engineering and project management of various large-scale communications and control systems projects at SABIC, ABB, and Saudi Aramco, Saudi Arabia. He is currently with the Oil and Gas Network Integrity Division, Advanced Sensors Team, Saudi Aramco Research and Development Center.
Thesis title: Real-Time and Ultra-High Definition Video Transmission in Underwater Wireless Optical Networks.
Abdullah's research interests included Communication systems, Underwater wireless optical networks, Wireless sensor networks, and Queuing systems.