- Ph.D. in Physics, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), India (2015).
- M.Sc. in Physics, University of Hyderabad, India (2009).
- B.Sc. in Physics, Maths, and Chemistry, Andhra University, India (2006).
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Photonics Laboratory, CEMSE, KAUST, Saudi Arabia (2015).
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Member of IEEE emerging electronics.
Honors and Awards
- CSIR, GATE, and JEST.
Malleswararao Tangi worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Photonics laboratory in the Department of Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences & Engineering (CEMSE) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). He obtained his Ph.D. in Physics from Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, India in 2015. He received Masters in Physics from the University of Hyderabad and Bachelors from Andhra University India. Currently, he is working as a Postdoctoral research scientist at the Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Germany. Previously, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Minnesota, USA."
High bandgap semiconducting materials, Photonics, Light Emitting Diodes, Surface Physics, Metal-Semiconductor interfaces, Nanostructures and Molecular Beam Epitaxial growth of III-V materials.
- A De, Malleswararao Tangi, S. M. Shivaprasad, Pre-nitridation induced in incorporation in InxGa1− xN nanorods on Si (111) grown by molecular beam epitaxy J. Appl. Phys.118 (2), 025301 (2015)
- Malleswararao Tangi, A De, S. M. Shivaprasad Growth of high-quality InN films and nano-rods grown on GaN nano wall network Emerging Electronics (ICEE), 2014 IEEE 2nd International Conference on, 1-5.
- Arpan De, Nagaraja K K, Malleswararao Tangi, and S. M. Shivaprasad, Spontaneous growth of InxGa1− xN nanostructures directly on c-plane Sapphire by Plasma Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy, Mater. Res. Express 1, 035019(2014).
- Malleswararao Tangi, Jithersh Kuyyalil, and S. M. Shivaprasad, Optical bandgap and near-surface band bending in degenerate InN films grown by molecular beam epitaxy J. Appl. Phys. 114, 153501(2013).
- Malleswararao Tangi, Arpan De, and S.M. Shivaprasad Lowering of growth temperature of epitaxial InN by superlattice matched intermediate layers Phys. Status Solidi A 210, 2409-2415 (2013).
- Malleswararao Tangi, Jithesh Kuyyalil, and S. M. Shivaprasad, Role of native defects in nitrogen flux dependent carrier concentration of InN films grown by molecular beam epitaxy J. Appl. Phys. 112, 073510(2012).
- Jithesh Kuyyalil, Malleswararao Tangi, and S. M. Shivaprasad, In induced reconstructions of Si(1 1 1) as superlattice matched epitaxial templates for InN growth Mater. Res. Bull. 48, 256-259 (2013).
- Jithesh Kuyyalil, Malleswararao Tangi, and S. M. Shivaprasad, Effect of interfacial lattice mismatch on bulk carrier concentration and band gap of InN J. Appl. Phys.112, 083521 (2012).
- Praveen Kumar, Malleswararao Tangi, Satish Shetty, Manoj Kesaria, and S. M. Shivaprasad, Growth of aligned wurtzite GaN nanorods on Si(111): Role of Silicon nitride intermediate layer MRS Proc. 1411, mrsf11-1411-ee09-24 (2012).
- Jithesh Kuyyalil, Malleswararao Tangi, and S. M. Shivaprasad, Dependence of crystal orientation and bandgap on substrate temperature of molecular-beam epitaxy grown InN on bare A12O3 (0001) J. Appl. Phys. 109, 093513 (2011).