- M.Sc. Degree, Electrical Engineering, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (2015).
- B.Sc. Degree, Electrical Engineering (Gold Medal) UET, Lahore Pakistan (2013).
- FSc Pre-Engineering (Gold Medal in overall in Pakistan) GCU, Lahore (2009).
Honors and Awards
- Best student paper award (3rd place) in IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS), USA.
- Runner-up in the competition of Falling walls (5th Place).
- Finalist for DOW Sustainability Challenge Award.
Muhammad Akram Karimi obtained his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering under the supervision of Professor Atif Shamim at Integrated Microwaves Packaging Antennas & Circuit Technology (IMPACT) Research Group at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Muhammad's research interests included the Design of Cost-Effective and robust Fluidic Sensors to characterize fluids (esp. Crude Oil) and Energy Harvesting.
M. A. Karimi, M Arsalan and A. Shamim, "Low cost and pipe conformable microwave-based water cut sensor", IEEE Sensors Journal, VOL. 16, NO. 21, NOVEMBER 1, 2016.