- June 2009 -M.Tech Solid State Technology, CGPA: 8.48/10 (Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India).
- May 2005 -M.Sc Physics with Ist Division (Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, India).
- June 2003 -B.Sc (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry) with Ist Division (Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, India).
- Faculty Member, Department of Electronics and Communication. The ICFAI University, Dehradun, India (July 2009 - July 2012).
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Physics and Meteorology, Indian Institute of Technology, India (June 2008 - May 2009).
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Optical Society of America (OSA).
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering in Physics (GATE-2007) qualified with 99 percentile.
- Awarded Scholarship from Ministry of Human Resource & Development (MHRD) for pursuing M.Tech.
Pawan Mishra joined KAUST in Aug 2012 as a Ph.D. student in Photonics Laboratory. He obtained a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering under the supervision of Professor Boon Ooi. Pawan’s Ph.D. work focused on the epitaxial growth process of III-V compound semiconductors using Plasma assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy for Optoelectronics devices. Previously 2009-2012, he held the position of Faculty Member within the Department of Electronics and Communication, at ICFAI University, Dehradun (IUD) India. During his stay at IUD, he was involved in the Fiber optics and Optoelectronics devices. Pawan received his M.Tech degree in Solid State Technology from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in 2009. He obtained his M.Sc in Physics (Electronics) and B.Sc in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 2005 & 2003 respectively from Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, India. He worked as a Postdoc at National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan (Jun 2017 - Dec 2018). Currently, he is working as a Research scientist at Khalifa University in the United Arab Emirates.
Pawan's research interests included Epitaxial Growth, Bandgap engineering, and Device fabrication.
- T. Rakshit, S. Mondal. P. Mishra, A. Dhar, I. Manna, and S. K. Ray, “Optical and Bio-sensing characteristics of ZnO nanotubes grown by hydrothermal method”, Journal for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, ISSN 1533-4880, Volume 12, Issue 1, 308-315, January 2012.
- P Kumar, P Mishra, S. K. Sahu, “Synthesis of Ni-Zn Ferrites Using Low-Temperature Sol-Gel Process” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, ISSN 2229-5518, Volume 2, Issue 8, August 2011.
- T. Rakshit, S. Mondal, P. Mishra, A. Dhar, I. Manna, S. K. Ray, “Detection of glucose using ZnO nanotubes grown by hydrothermal method” National Conference on Sensors and Actuators: Science to Technology (NCSA-2011), Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata, India, 11-12 March 2011.
- T. Rakshit, S. Mondal, P. Mishra, A. Dhar, I. Manna, S. K. Ray, “Time and temperature-controlled growth of ZnO nanotubes by hydrothermal method” International Conference on Fundamental and Applications of Nanoscience and Technology (ICFANT-2010), School of Materials Science and Nanotechnology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 09-11 December 2010
- P Mishra, T Rakshit, A. Dhar, “Time and reactant vapor pressure-dependent growth of ZnO nanorods by Vapor Solid-phase method” DAE-BRNS National Laser Symposium (NLS-19), Raja Ramanna Centre of Advanced Technology, Indore, India, 1-4 December 2010.