"Nothing is too wonderful to be true if it is consistent with the laws of nature."
- M.S./Ph.D. Material Science and Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, 2018–present.
- B.S. Bioengineering, Rice University, Texas, USA, 2018.
Honors & Awards
Spurlino Undergraduate Summer Fellowship (Rice University, 2015) for completion of a research project under the supervision of Dr. Janet Braam.
Abdullah Bukhamsin is a Ph.D. student at the Sensors Lab, in the Bioengineering Department, under the supervision of Professor Khaled Nabil Salama at KAUST. Prior to this, Abdullah obtained an M.S. Degree in Engineering under the supervision of Professor Jurgen Kosel at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Abdullah Bukhamsin received his B.Sc. degree in Bioengineering from Rice University (Houston, Texas) in 2018. Following that, he completed his M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (Thuwal, Saudi Arabia) in 2020 under the supervision of Dr. Jurgen Kosel.
Abdullah is interested in developing scalable micro-fabrication methods for 3D electrodes for electrochemical sensors pertaining to applications centered on physiological monitoring.
- Bukhamsin, Abdullah, et al. "Impedimetric Plant Biosensor Based on Minimally Invasive and Flexible Microneedle Electrodes." 2020 IEEE 33rd International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS). IEEE, 2020.
- Moussi, Khalil, Abdullah Bukhamsin, and Jurgen Kosel. "Implantable 3D Printed Drug Delivery System." 2019 20th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems & Eurosensors XXXIII (TRANSDUCERS & EUROSENSORS XXXIII). IEEE, 2019.
- Biocompatible 3D Printed Microneedles for Transdermal, Intradermal, and Percutaneous Applications. Moussi, K., Bukhamsin, A., Hidalgo, T., & Kosel, J. (2019). Advanced Engineering Materials.