- Ph.D. in Department of Physics and Photon Science at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Republic of Korea, Sep. 2012 - Aug. 2016.
- M.Sc. in Graduate Program of Photonics and Applied Physics at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Republic of Korea, Mar. 2010 - Feb. 2012.
- B.Sc. in Department of Physics in Myong Ji University, Yong-in, Republic of Korea, Mar. 2003 - Feb. 2010.
- Jan. 2017 – now: Postdoctoral Fellow, CEMSE/EE, KAUST, Thuwal Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Photonics Lab., PI: prof. Boon S. Ooi).
- Aug. 2016 – Dec. 2016: Postdoctoral Researcher, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, GIST, Republic of Korea (Solid-State Lighting Lab., PI: prof. Dong Seon Lee).
- Mar. 2010 – Aug. 2016: M.S. and Ph.D. in Department of Physics and Photon Sciences, GIST, Republic of Korea (Optoelectronics Lab., PI: prof. Yong Tak Lee).
- Mar. 2003 – Feb. 2010: B.S. in Department of Physics, Myong Ji, Republic of Korea.
Honors & Awards
- Best poster presentation, 12th International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICNST), P1-21 (2014).
- The excellent paper award, Photonics Conference 2011, F1A-III13 (2011).
- A national scholarship student 2010-2016 (Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology).
- Presidential Award in Myong Ji University for the outstanding GPA (2010).
- The 2nd class middle/high school teacher qualification certificate, Science & Physics (2010).
Jung-Wook Min is a Research Scientist at Photonics Laboratory in the Division of Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Science and Engineering (CEMSE) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). He received his M.S. and a Ph.D. degree in the Department of Physics and Photon Science at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Republic of Korea, in 2012 and 2016. He has 10 years of hands-on experiences of refurbishment, modification and maintenance of various type of III-N and III-As/P MBE chambers and has been focused on the epitaxial growth of III-nitrides by PA-MBE. In Photonics Laboratory, he has a responsibility for PA-MBE growth, training, maintenance and new MBE chamber installation. His research interest is hybrid integration of wide bandgap semiconductors for optoelectronic device applications. Dr. Jung-Wook Min has published around 80 journal/conference papers and he has served as a reviewer for various OSA/ACS/IOP/NPG journals.
Hybrid integration of wide bandgap semiconductors for optoelectronics
- Group-III nitrides growth on unconventional substrates (Si, metal, and quartz).
- Combined epitaxial growth of group-III nitrides with MBE and MOCVD.
- Integration of group-III nitrides with group-III oxides and 2D materials.
- Optoelectronic devices: LEDs, Solar cells, PDs, and PEC water splitting cells.
- M. D. Park, J. W. Min, J. Y. Lee, H. Y. Hwang, C. H. Kim, C. M. Kang, S. J. Kang, C. M. Kang, J. H. Park, Y. D. Jho, and D. S. Lee, “Effects of nitrogen on the morphology and composition of AlGaN nanowires grown by plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy”, J. Cryt. Growth 528 125233 (2019).
- Invited Review: N. Alfaraj+, J. W. Min+, C. H. Kang, A. A. Alatawi, D. Priante, R. C. Subedi, M. Tangi, T. K. Ng, and B. S. Ooi, “Deep-ultraviolet integrated photonic and optoelectronic devices: A prospect of the hybridization of group III-nitrides, III-oxides, and two-dimensional materials”, J Semiconduct 40(6) (2019) + Contributed equally.
- A. Prabaswara, J. W. Min, R. C. Subedi, M. Tangi, C. Zhao, J. A. Holguin-Lerma, D. Priante, T. K. Ng, and B. S. Ooi, “Direct growth of single crystalline GaN nanowires on indium-tin-oxide coated silica”, Nanoscale Res. Lett 14 45 (2019).
- M. Tangi, J. W. Min, D. Priante, R. C. Subedi, D. H. Anjum, A. Prabaswara, N. Alfaraj, J. W. Liang, M. K. Shakfa, T. K. Ng, and B. S. Ooi, “Observation of piezotronics and piezo-phototronic effects in n-InGaN nanowires/Ti grown by molecular beam epitaxy”, Nano Energy 54 264-271 (2018).
- Invited Review: J. W. Min, D. Priante, M. Tangi, G. Liu, C. H. Kang, A. Prabaswara, C. Zhao, L. Al-Maghrabi, Y. Alaskar, A. Albadri, A. Alyamani, T. K. Ng, and B. S. Ooi, “Unleashing the potential of molecular beam epitaxy grown AlGaN-based ultraviolet-spectrum nanowires-devices”, J. Nanophotonics 12(4) 043511 (2018).
- M. Ebaid, J. W. Min, C. Zhao, T. K. Ng, H. Idriss, and Boon. S. Ooi, “Water splitting over epitaxially grown InGaN nanowires on-metallic titanium/silicon template: Reduced interfacial transfer resistance and improved stability”, J. Mater. Chem. A 6 6922-6930 (2018).
- A. Prabaswara, J. W. Min, C. Zhao, B. Janjua, D. Zhang, A. M. Albadri, A. Y. Alyamani, T. K. Ng, and B. S. Ooi, “Direct growth of III-nitride nanowires-based yellow light-emitting diode on amorphous quartz using thin Ti interlayer”, Nanoscale Res. Lett. 13:41 (2018).
- W. J. Park, J. W. Min, S. F. Shaikh, and M. M. Hussain, “Stable MoS2 FETs using TiO2 Interfacial Layer at Metal/MoS2 Contact”, Phys. Status. Solidi A 214(12) 1700534 (2017).
- S. Y. Bae+, J. W. Min+, H. Y. Hwang, K. Lekhal, H. J. Lee, Y. D. Jho, D. S. Lee, Y. T. Lee, N. Ikarashi, M. Deki, Y. Honda, and H. Amano, “III-nitride core-shell nanorod array on quartz substrate”, Sci Rep SREP-16-45872A (2017) + Contributed equally.
- J. W. Min, H. Y. Hwang, E. K. Kang, K. W. Park, C. H. Kim, D. S. Lee, Y. D. Jho, S. Y. Bae, and Y. T. Lee, “Optical and structural properties of microcrystalline GaN on an amorphous substrate prepared by a combination of MBE and MOCVD”, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 55 05FB03 (2016).
- H. J. Lee, J. W. Min, K. J. Lee, K. Y. Choi, J. H. Eum, D. K. Lee, and S. Y. Bae, “Improved Light Output Power of Chemically Transferred InGaN/GaN Light-Emitting Diodes for Flexible Optoelectronic Applications”, J. Nanomater. Article ID 142096 6 (2015).
- J. W. Min+, S. Y. Bae+, W. M. Kang, K. W. Park, E. K. Kang, B. J. Kim, D. S. Lee, and Y. T. Lee, “Evolutionary growth of microscale single crystalline GaN on amorphous layer by combination of MBE and MOCVD”, CrystEngComm. 17 5849 (2015) + Contributed equally.