What I appreciate the most about my experience at KAUST is having the opportunity to contribute with my knowledge about Artificial Intelligence in a real life project that will benefit the others
Building 1, Level 3, 3305-WS03.
Omar Khalifa is currently a MS/PhD student in the Electrical Engineering Department, CEMSE, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), working under the supervision of Prof. Tareq Al-Naffouri.
Joined KFUPM in 2018 as a BS student in the Electrical Engineering program, and graduated at 2022 with a GPA of 3.98 and a Concentration degree in Communication Systems and the 1st rank winner of the senior projects expo. I graduated in 4 years, 1 year earlier from the plan, during which I had two VSRP internships with KAUST, a total of 7 months of research under the supervision of Professor Tareq AlNaffouri, Dr Nour Kouzayha, and Dr Mudassir Masood . I got accepted in 2022 as an MS/PhD student at KAUST, ECE program.
Omar's research interests are AI, IoT, Wireless Communications.
Awards and Distinctions
- Second Place winner of the Education Excelence Award for its eighth session presented by the minister of education of Saudi Arabia in 2018.
- Won second place in the Education Excellence Award – an award presented by the minister of education to the top 10 high school students in Saudi Arabia (2017)
- Won first place in the mobile applications development competition at Qassim Area (2017)
- A first honor graduate from Electrical Engineering Department, KFUPM.
- 1st rank winner of the senior projects expo, KFUPM.
- Winner of AIoT hackathon by STC.