Honors and Awards
- Fully Funded Masters Scholarship by King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Saudi Arabia (Jan 2015 - 2016).
- Mobilink Century Club Award holder for the year 2014. Award was received for offering exceptional services as Radio Design & Traffic Engineer in Vimpelcom- Mobilink Pakistan (2011-2014)
- Mobilink Star Employee for the year 2012
- Gold Medalist in B.Sc. Electrical Engineering (2006-2010)
- Ph.D. candidate at University of British Columbia, Canada
- M.Sc. Electrical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Jan 2015- June 2017, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- B.Sc. in Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, 2006-2010, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Cellular Communication
- Stochastic Geometry
- Heterogeneous Wireless Networks
- Cooperative networks
- Handover management in wireless networks
- Stochastic Geometry modeling of wireless networks
- Performance evaluation of 5G cellular networks
- Rabe Arshad, “Handover Management in Dense Cellular Networks: A Stochastic Geometry Approach,” King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia (In Progress).
- R. Arshad, H. Elsawy, S. Sorour, T. Y. Al-Naffouri, and M.-S. Alouini,“Velocity-aware handover management in two-tier cellular networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Submitted, July 2016, Available at http://arxiv.org/pdf/1607.06439v1.pdf.
- R. Arshad, H. Elsawy, S. Sorour, T. Y. Al-Naffouri, and M.-S. Alouini,“ Handover management in dense cellular networks: A stochastic geometry approach,” in IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2016.
- R. Arshad, H. Elsawy, S. Sorour, T. Y. Al-Naffouri, and M.-S. Alouini,“ Cooperative handover management in dense cellular networks,” accepted in IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2016, Available at http://arxiv.org/pdf/1607.03378.pdf.
- Radio Design and Traffic Engineer at Vimpelcom- Mobilink, Pakistan (February 2011- January 2014)
- Management Trainee at Interloop Limited, Pakistan (October 2010 – January 2011 )