Microelectronics is my forte and I would like to explore gas and bio-sensing fields. KAUST has state-of-the-art core labs and characterization facility to put forward my research.
- Gas sensors
- Bio sensors
- Memory devices
- Flexible electronics
Building 3, Level 3, Room 3326, WS-13
Honors & Awards
- "Young Achiever Award", IBAE-2019 Awards, Dubai.
- Member, Sensors Initiative, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2018-2021).
- “GANDHIAN YOUNG TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION AWARD 2012" from NIF at IIM-Ahmedabad.
- Fellowship at ISED 2011 kochi, kerela.
- "P.P CHHABRIA AWARD OF EXCELLENCE" in 2009 at I2IT, Pune.
- The Best Novelty Award for “Humanoid Robot” in Robo camp organized by IIIT Hyderabad.
- 1st prize in Srujana_2007 for “Telemedicine” organized by ABVP, Hyderabad.
- PhD –in Nanotechnology and Science, IIT Bombay, 2016
- Professional Postgraduate program, I2IT, Pune, 2009
- Bachelor of Technology – Electronics and Communication Engineering, 2008
Sandeep Surya is currently working as Postdoctoral fellow at Sensors Lab, CEMSE, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and early career
Sandeep was a Research Associate at Microsystems Technology Research Unit, CMM, Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK), Trento, Italy. He received his Ph.D degree from IIT Bombay in 2016 and finished his undergraduate in 2008 from JNTU, India. He was member of a group working on developing a stand-off explosive detection technology using OFETs and nano-electro-mechanical-sensors. He was also a member of the team e-sanjeevani, who developed a project on Telemedicine which also earned wide recognition and was adjudged 1st in many national level symposia.
Sandeep is interested in developing sensors, memory devices and building flexible electronics.
- Miguel Angel, Mani Teja, Sandeep G. Surya, Osama Shekhah, Khaled Salama, Christian Serre, Mohamed Eddaoudi, Olivier Roubeau, Ignacio gascon, “Methanol and humidity capacitive sensors based on ultrathin films of MOF nanoparticles”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.9b20763
- Sandeep Goud Surya, Harshil Raval, Rafiq Ahmed, Prashant Sonar, Khaled Salama, Ramgopal Rao “Organic field effect transistors (OFETs) in environmental sensing and health monitoring: A review”, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 111, Feb 2019, Pages 27-36
- Sandeep G. Surya, Sunil Kumar Samji, Dhamini Pasam, Pavan ganne, Prashant Sonar and Ramgopal Rao, " A spectroscopy and microscopy study of Parylene-C OFETs for explosive sensing ", Vol. 18, issue.4, Feb 2018, IEEE Senors Journal.
- Marc courte*, Sandeep G Surya*, Ramesh Thamankar, Chal shen,V.Ramgopal Rao, Subodh mhaisalkar, Denis fichou, “A non-volatile resistive memory effect in 2,2’,6,6’-tetraphenyl-dipyranylidene thin films as observed in field-effect transistors and by conductive atomic force microscopy”, RSC Advances, 2017, 7, 3336-3342(*- equal author).
- Sandeep G. Surya, Ashwath Narayana B S, Sushma Mishra, Karthik A R B, Sastry A B, Prasad B L V, Dinesh Rangappa, V Ramgopal Rao" H2S detection using low-cost SnO2 Nano-particle Bi-layer OFETs ", Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical (Elsevier). Volume 235, November 2016, Pages 378-385.
- Sandeep G. Surya, Sanjog S. Nagarkar, Prashant Sonar, Sujit K. Ghosh,V. Ramgopal Rao, "An Explosive detection sensor based on an Organic Field Effect Transistor using diketopyrrolopyrrole and metal organic framework polymer composite", Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical (Elsevier), Volume 223, February 2016, Pages 114-122.