- PhD (Structural Biology), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2013
- M.Tech (Medical Biotechnology), IIT Madras, Chennai, India 2008
- B.Pharm, TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, India 2006
- 2018-current, Research Scientist, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- 2013-2018 Post-doctoral fellow, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- 2008-2013 PhD Student in National University of Singapore, Singapore
My research is in the field of structural biology and biophysical characterization of proteins and their interaction with ligands. I have a
special focus on plant enzymes involved in plant development, immune signaling, and stress tolerance. I am working on Hydrolase, MAP Kinase and ATPase family proteins which have a multi-facet role in plant signaling and they play a decisive role in plant survival. I will be using Cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography and other Biophysical techniques to study their interactions with other binding partners such as Proteins, DNA, etc and which will help me to understand the biological function of these enzymes in transferring the information to other components in the cell when it is stimulated by signaling molecules. Umar Farook Shaul Hameed is currently a Research Scientist at the StruBE Lab.