- MSc in Intelligent Systems, Aberystwyth University, UK (2015)
- BSc in Mechatronics Engineering, German University in Cairo (GUC), Egypt (2013)
Current Sherif's reserach interests are in application of visual relationship understanding on long tail datasets.
Education and Early Career
Sherif obtained his bachelor's degree from the German University in Cairo (GUC), Egypt in 2013 in mechatronics engineering. Afterwards he attended MSc program of Intelligent Systems at Aberystwyth University, UK and where he graduated with distinction. Then Sherif worked as machine learning and deep learning engineer for multiple companies on a wide range of applications including customers' behavior clustering, object detection for self driving cars, weed and crop image segmentation for precision agriculture, and visual relationship understanding.
- El Sallab, A., Sobh, I., Zidan, M., Zahran, M., Abdelkarim, S. “YOLO4D: A Spatio-Temporal Approach for Real-time Multi-Object Detection and Classification from LiDAR Point Clouds”, NeurIPS MLITS workshop, December 2018.
- Sobh, I., Amin, L., Abdelkarim, S., Elmadawy, K., Saeed, M., Abdeltawab, O., Gamal,M.,ElSallab, A.“End-To-EndMulti-ModalSensorsFusionSystemFor Urban Automated Driving”, NeurIPS MLITS workshop, December 2018.
- Ali, W., Abdelkarim, S., Zahran, M., Zidan, M., El Sallab, A. “YOLO3D: End-to-end real-time 3D Oriented Object Bounding Box Detection from LiDAR Point Cloud”, ECCV workshop, September 2018.
- Abdelkarim, S., Clare, A. “Visualization and Taxonomic Identification of Metagenomics Samples using Self Organizing Maps”, RSG-UK Student Symposium, October 2015.