Our group is interested in mathematical modeling, analysis and the development of numerical methods for evolutionary partial differential equations in fluid and solid mechanics.
Subjects of current interest include:
- Relative entropy and the comparison of thermomechanical theories in non-equilibrium thermodynamics.
- Modeling and analysis of dilute suspensions: Passage from microscopic descriptions to the equations of viscoelasticity at the macroscopic scale
- Formation of singularities in solid mechanics (cavitation, shear bands)
- Numerical methods for nonlinear dispersive wave propagation
- Propagation of oscillations in hyperbolic and dispersive media, homogenization