Postdoctoral researcher/Research Scientist in Bioinformatics
We are seeking to fill a position for a postdoctoral researchers or research scientist at the Computational Bioscience Research Center at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
The researcher will work in the Hoehndorf lab/Bio-Ontology Research Group on developing and applying knowledge-based bioinformatics methods to understand molecular mechanisms of genotype-phenotype relations. Application areas are in rare disease, cancer, metagenomics, and plant science.
- A completed Ph.D. and Master degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, or related)
- Experience, demonstrated by a publication record, in at least one of the following areas:
- Development of novel methods in Bioinformatics or Biomedical data analytics
- Application of AI methods to gain novel insights from biological datasets
- Use of biological ontologies and methods from knowledge representation to analyze biological data
- Strong programming experience and experience in software development
Main methods that are developed and used in the research group include network- and graph-based algorithms for biological data, machine learning algorithms, and methods from formal logic including Semantic Web technologies. The researcher will be responsible for carrying out research, including presentation of research results at conferences and in scientific journals.
Researchers are entitled to a competitive salary (commensurate with
the applicant's qualifications), fully-furnished housing on the KAUST
campus, medical and life insurance, free education at KAUST schools
for the researchers' children, and relocation allowance.
KAUST will be responsible for the actual recruiting decision,
appointment offers and employment benefits.
As soon as possible. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
The position will initially be for 1 year and can be renewed up to 3 years (in exceptional circumstances up to 5).
How to Apply:
Please apply at https://apply.interfolio.com/89992.
For any questions related to the position, please contact Robert Hoehndorf (email@example.com).
**The position is open to all applicants of any nationality. International applications are strongly encouraged**