- Ph.D, Computer Science, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (2012-present)
- M.Sc., Computer Science, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (2012)
- B.Sc., Computer Science, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman (2010)
Honors & Awards
- KAUST Ph.D Fellowship (2012)
- KAUST Provost Award (2010)
- KAUST M.Sc Fellowship (2010)
- Top Graduate student of College of Science, Sultan Qaboos University (2010)
- KAUST Discovery Scholarship (2008)
- Bio-Ontology Research Group (BORG)
- Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
- Computer, Electrical, and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE)
Imane Boudellioua obtained her Ph.D. degree in Computer Science under the supervision of Professor Robert Hoehndorf at the Bio-Ontology Research Group (BORG) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Imene has a Master's degree in Computer Science from KAUST. During Master's her thesis supervisor was Professor Basem Shihada.
Thesis title: "A Vehicular Guidance Wireless Sensor Actuator Network."
Imane Boudellioua's research interests include the application of machine learning and data mining algorithms for functional annotation of various biological entities including the prediction of proteins’ functions and human disease-causative genetic variation.
- January 2015 – March 2015: Visiting student researcher, The European Bioinformatics Institute, Team, Hinxton, UK
- June 2011-July 2011: Visiting student researcher, Technical University of Munich, Munich
- International Society for Computational Biology
Boudellioua, I., Saidi, R., Hoehndorf, R., Martin, M. J., & Solovyev, V. (2016). Prediction of Metabolic Pathway Involvement in Prokaryotic UniProtKB Data by Association Rule Mining. PLOS ONE, 11(7), e0158896. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0158896