Data science has attracted a lot of attention, promising to turn vast amounts of data into valuable decisions. Data science is a multidisciplinary approach to finding, extracting, and surfacing patterns in data through a fusion of analytical methods, domain expertise, and technology. The data that have been generated and preserved over time and the data that is constantly being collected using several sensors provide significant insights into many domains such as environment, health care, transportation, business, and finance. This talk will present our recent research works related to the application of data science in the environment, healthcare, and social media. Among these applications, we can list:
- Developing a service-oriented and sensor cloud-based framework for smart monitoring of the water environment.
- Revolutionizing fruit farms by developing a smart solution to support large-farm stakeholders in smart tree tracking, crop yield prediction, and early disease detection.
- Investigating the fusion of deep learning techniques to improve pneumonia/Covid19 detection.
- Developing a system for mental health intent recognition (depression, suicidality, panic, social phobia, adjustment disorder) for Arabic-speaking patients using the Mini International Neuropsychiatric Interview and BERT model.
- Proposing privacy-preserving deep learning techniques to train deep learning models while preserving the privacy of the data.
Wadii Boulila received the B.Eng. degree (1st Class Honours with distinction) in computer science from the Aviation School of Borj El Amri, in 2005, the MSc. degree in computer science from the National School of Computer Science (ENSI), University of Manouba, Tunisia, in 2007, and the Ph.D. degree in computer science conjointly from Telecom-Bretagne, University of Rennes 1, France, in 2012. He is currently an associate professor of computer science and a senior researcher with Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia. He is also a senior researcher with the RIADI Laboratory, University of Manouba, and previously a Senior Research Fellow with the ITI Department, University of Rennes 1, France. Wadii received the award of the young researcher in computer science in Tunisia for the year 2021 from Beit El-Hikma. He participated in many research and industrial-funded projects. His primary research interests include big data analytics, deep learning, cybersecurity, data mining, artificial intelligence, uncertainty modeling, and remote sensing images. He has served as the Chair, a Reviewer, and a TPC member for many leading international conferences and journals. He is an IEEE Senior member and a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA), U.K.