- MS, Electrical and Computer Engineering (SCEE). Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Mandi, India (2020).
- Thesis: Effect of scaling on tunnel magnetoresistance and thermal stability in a magnetic tunnel junction.
- B.Tech., Electronics and Communication Engineering. Islamic University of Science and Technology (IUST) Kashmir (2017).
Aijaz Lone is a Ph.D. candidate and member of the Integrated Circuits and Systems Group under the supervision of Professor Hossein Fariborzi at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Prior to joining KAUST, Aijaz obtained an M.S. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), India.
Aijaz's research interests lie broadly in the nanoelectronic devices for unconventional computing. His main research area is neuromorphic spintronics and the proposal and development of spintronic devices and circuits for brain-inspired computing.
- Aijaz H. Lone et.al, “Cross-sectional Area Dependence of Tunnel Magnetoresistance, Thermal Stability and Critical Current Density in MTJ” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics (early access), 20 Nov 2020, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2020.3039682
- M G. Moinuddin, Aijaz H. Lone, Shivangi Shringi, Srikant Srinivasan, Satinder Sharma, “Low current density Magnetic Tunnel Junction for STT-RAM Application Using MgOxN1-x Tunnel barrier,” IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices, Vol. 67, No. 1, January 2020, https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2019.2954131
- M.G Moinuddin, Aijaz H. Lone, Srikant Srinivasan, Satinder Sharma, “Realization of Large Area CoFeB Based Magnetic Tunnel Junction for CMOS Compatible Device Application”, ACS Appl. Electron. Mater. 2019, 1, 11, 2268-2278 , https://doi.org/10.1021/acsaelm.9b00469
- Aijaz H. Lone, S. Amara and Hossein Fariborzi, “Spike time dependent plasticity-based spin neuromorphic computing for pattern recognition applications,” Under review in AIP Advances for possible publication in 2021 January edition. Note: This work was presented as the poster presentation in MMM 2020, 2 Nov 2020 Session C5: SPIN INJECTION AND NEUROMORPHIC COMPUTING, C5-08.
- Aijaz H. Lone, S. Amara and Hossein Fariborzi, “Magnetic tunnel junction-based implementation of STDP learning for pattern recognition,” Under review in the IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices.