- MSc. in Computer Network from KFUPM
- BSc. in Computer Engineering from KFUPM
- Lecturer at University of Hail
- Network engineer at National Information Center which has about 1000 remote sites as well as he was a member at the network emergency response team.
- Instructor at Cisco Academy
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC-SANS Certified Firewall Analyst (GCFW)
- Gold-Track, my report is posted at SANS website.
- Cisco Certified Academy Instructor.
Honors and Awards
- Honors Award from Ministry of Higher Education for contribution in SSC, 2010.
- Honors Award from STC for Next Generation Network Migrating Project, 2009.
Amer AlGhadhban is a Ph.D. student under the supervision of Professor Basem Shihada at Networking Research Lab in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Amer obtained both of his degrees B.S. and M.Sc. in Computer Engineering from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM). He was a Cisco Academy instructor and during that he earned multiple professional certificates: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco wireless, SANS-GIAC Certified Firewall Analyst (GCFW-Gold), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Security Certified Network Engineer (SCNP), and SANS local mentor.
Ph.D. Thesis Title: Paving the Way For Next Generation Wireless Data Center Networks
Amer's research interests include computer networks with a focus on network flow classification as well as scheduling. Also, he likes to use some math-based techniques to understand and solve the challenges that he faced during his researches. His research interests span over multiple areas in networked systems and security.
- A. AlGhadhban, A. Mahmoud, M. Abu-Amara, F. Azzedin, and M. Sqalli, “Interdomain Traffic Engineering Techniques to Overcome Undesirable Connectivity Incidents,” Proceedings of the 11th IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing (NPC), pp. 618-622, Ilan, Taiwan, September 18-20, 2014.
- A. AlGhadhban, M. Abu-Amara, “Prototyping and Evaluating a Tunnel-Based Solution to Circumvent Malicious IISP Blocking,” Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Communications and Information Technology (ICCIT), pp. 286-290, Hammamet, June 26-28, 2012.
- A. AlGhadhban, A. Mahmoud, M. Abu-Amara, F. Azzedin, and M. Sqalli, “Prototyping and Evaluating BGP-Based Solutions to Overcome Malicious IISP Blocking,” Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Networking and Information Technology (IPCSIT), Vol. 17, pp. 134-143, Singapore, November 25-27, 2011.
- A. AlGhadhban, A. Mahmoud, M. Abu-Amara, F. Azzedin, and M. Sqalli, “Interdomain Traffic Engineering Techniques to Overcome Malicious Service Providers,” Tech. Report, 2012 KFUPM
- A. AlGhadhban and T. AlKhroubi, "Study Attackers Skills By Deploying Honeynet in Different Real Environment," Tech. Report, 2011 KFUPM
- A. Alghadhban, "How To Protect Your Data From Hackers.” Al-Maarefah. Hail, KSA. 2006
- A. Alghadhban, GIAC-Certified Firewall Analysis. Topic: Security Architecture and Firewall Policy for E-Business. June 200