KAUST is known for its excellent research facilities, it also offers me the chance to be part of a team composed of high-caliber researchers and work on real world problems.
Communication Engineering plays a vital role in advancing and shaping our interconnected world. It has a significant impact on almost every aspect of human life.
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (August 2023).
- Engineering Diploma in Multidisciplinary Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie (EPT), Tunis, Tunisia (September 2020 - July 2023)
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Physics, University of Tunis - Preparatory Institute for Engineering Studies (IPEIT), Tunis, Tunisia (September 2018 - July 2020)
- Visiting Student, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (February 2023 – June 2023).
- Engineering Intern, Biware Consulting, Tunis, Tunisia (June 2022 – August 2022).
Ferdaous Tarhouni is an MS/PhD student at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini.
Education and Early Career
Ferdaous has studied mathematics and physics at the Preparatory Institute for Engineering Studies of Tunis and has been ranked among the top 2% in the national engineering school exam in 2020. This enabled her to enter the Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie (EPT), one of the most prestigious engineering schools in Tunisia where she received multidisciplinary training. In her final year, she specialized in signals and systems concentration in order to dig deeper into 3 main axes: telecommunications, signal processing, and artificial intelligence. Before joining the MS/Ph.D. program at KAUST, Ferdaous had research experience with KAUST as a visiting student under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini working on RF Propagation Modeling based on Machine Learning Approach. During her studies at EPT, she conducted a two-month internship at Biware Consulting aiming to predict candidates’ social skills using Artificial Intelligence Approaches.
Ferdaous is interested in Wireless Communications and Artificial Intelligence, particularly focusing on the application of machine learning and deep learning within the communication domain.