Scientific and Professional Membership
- European Physical Society (EPS).
- German Physical Society - Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (DPG).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
Mohammad Khaled Shakfa was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Photonics Laboratory in the Division of Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences & Engineering (CEMSE) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Previously, he was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the workgroup of Prof. Dr. Martin Koch, Experimental Semiconductor Physics at Philipp University of Marburg (Marburg, Germany). He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at Braunschweig University of Technology (Braunschweig, Germany) in 2015. His Ph.D. research focused on the investigation of localization effects on optical properties and carrier dynamics in disordered III-V semiconductor nanostructures. Currently, Mohammad is working as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Chemical Kinetics and Laser Sensors Laboratory at KAUST, Saudi Arabia.
Mohammad's research interests included the Optical and structural properties of semiconductor nanostructures, Carrier dynamics in semiconductor materials using time-resolved photoluminescence, Development of the vertical-external-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VECSELs) and Terahertz technology and spectroscopy.
- H. Sun, M. K. Shakfa, M. Mufasila, B. Janjua, K.-H. Li, R. Lin, T. K. Ng, I. Roqan, B. Ooi, and X. Li, “Surface-Passivated AlGaN Nanowires for Enhanced Luminescence of Ultraviolet Light Emitting Diodes”, ACS Photonics 5(3), 964 (2018).
- C. Zhao, M. Ebaid, H. Zhang, D. Priante, B. Janjua, D. Zhang, N. Wei, A. A.Alhamoud, M. K. Shakfa, T. K. Ng, and B. S. Ooi, “Quantified hole concentration in AlGaN nanowires for high-performance ultraviolet emitters”, Nanoscale 10, 15980 (2018).
- M. Tangi, M. K. Shakfa, P. Mishra, M.-Y. Li, M.-H. Chiu, T. K. Ng, L.-J. Li, and B. S. Ooi, “Anomalous photoluminescence thermal quenching of sandwiched single layer MoS2”, Opt. Mater. Express 7, 3697 (2017).
- M. Bouzidi, S. Soltani, Z. Chine, A. Rebey, and M. K. Shakfa, “Time-resolved photoluminescence and photoreectance spectroscopy of GaN layers grown on SiN-treated sapphire substrate: Optical properties evolution at different growth stages”, Opt. Mater. 73, 252 (2017).
- S. Soltani, M. Bouzidi, M. Gerhard, Z. Chine, A. Toure, I. Halidou, B. El Jani, and M. K. Shakfa, “Luminescence dynamics in AlGaN with AlN content of 20%”, Phys. Status Solidi A 214, No. 4, 1600481 (2017).
- M. K. Shakfa, R. Woscholski, S. Gies, M. Wiemer, P. Ludewig, S. Reinhard, K. Jandieri, S. D. Baranovskii, W. Heimbrodt, K. Volz, W. Stolz, and M. Koch, “Carrier dynamics in Ga(NAsP)/Si multi-quantum well heterostructures with varying well thickness”, Superlattices and Microstructures 93, 67 (2016).
- M. K. Shakfa, K. Jandieri, M. Wiemer, P. Ludewig, K. Volz, W. Stolz, S. D. Baranovskii, and M. Koch, “Energy scale of compositional disorder in Ga(AsBi)”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 48, 425101 (2015).
- M. K. Shakfa, M. Wiemer, P. Ludewig, K. Jandieri, K. Volz, W. Stolz, S. D. Baranovskii, and M. Koch, “Thermal quenching of photoluminescence in Ga(AsBi)”, J. Appl. Phys. 117, 025709 (2015).
- D. Al Nakdali, M. K. Shakfa, M. Gaafar, M. Butkus, K. A. Fedorova, M. Zulonas, M. Wichmann, F. Zhang, B. Heinen, A. Rahimi-Iman, W. Stolz, E. U. Rafailov, and M. Koch, “High-Power Quantum-Dot Vertical-External-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser Exceeding 8 W”, IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 26,1561 (2014).
- M. K. Shakfa, D. Kalincev, X. Lu, S. R. Johnson, D. A. Beaton, T. Tiedje, A. Chernikov, S. Chatterjee, and M. Koch, “Quantitative study of localization effects and recombination dynamics in GaAsBi/GaAs single quantum wells”, J. Appl. Phys. 114, 164306 (2013).
- M. Wichmann, M. K. Shakfa, F. Zhang, B. Heinen, M. Scheller, A. Rahimi-Iman, W. Stolz, J. V. Moloney, S. W. Koch, and M. Koch, “Evolution of multi-mode operation in vertical-external-cavity surface-emitting lasers”, Opt. Express 21, 31940 (2013).
- K. Jandieri, M. K. Shakfa, S. Liebich, M. Zimprich, B. Kunert, C. Karcher, A. Chernikov, K. Volz, W. Stolz, M. Koch, S. Chatterjee, W. Heimbrodt, F. Gebhard, and S. D. Baranovskii, “Energy scaling of compositional disorder in Ga(N,P,As)/GaP quantum well structures”, Phys. Rev. B 86, 125318 (2012).
- N. Vieweg, M. K. Shakfa, and M. Koch, “BL037: A nematic mixture with high terahertz birefringence”, Opt. Commun. 284, 1887 (2011).
- N. Vieweg, C. Jansen, M. K. Shakfa, M. Scheller, N. Krumbholz, R. Wilk, M. Mikulics,and M. Koch, “Molecular properties of liquid crystals in the terahertz frequency range”, Opt. Express 18, 6097 (2010).