KAUST not only boosts scientific research all around the world but also offers a rich environment to keep you very motivated to work.
Electrical and Computer Engineering plays a key role in today’s technologies and will always stay relevant in the future.
- Engineering Diploma in Multidisciplinary Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie, Tunis, Tunisia (September 2020 - July 2023)
- Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Physics, University of Tunis - Preparatory Institute for Engineering Studies, Tunis, Tunisia (September 2017 - July 2020)
- Summer Intern, RedX Technologies, Sfax, Tunisia (Jun. 2022 – Aug. 2022)
- University of Carthage Excellence Award (2023)
- Visiting Student, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) (Feb. 2023 – Apr. 2023)
- Graduate Research, Tunisia Polytechnic School, Tunis, Tunisia (Jun. 2023)
Sofiene Barhoumi is an MS/PhD student at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini.
Education and Early Career
In 2020 and after being ranked among the top 2% at the Tunisian National Exam for Entrance to Engineering Schools, Sofiene Barhoumi joined the most prestigious engineering school in Tunisia, "Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie (EPT)" where he received multidisciplinary training. In his final year, he specialized in Signals and Systems and received his Engineering Diploma with first-class honors.
Before joining the MS/Ph.D. program at KAUST, he had research experience with KAUST as a visiting student under the supervision of Prof. Mohamed-Slim Alouini and Dr. Mikail Erdem working on Terahertz Band UAV base stations for emergency cases.
In December 2022, he was selected among the 15 best engineering students in Tunisia to participate in the “Huawei Seeds for the Future” program in Tunisia.
Sofiene is interested in wireless communication, signal processing and artificial intelligence applied to communication systems.
Honors and Awards
In 2023, Sofiene received the University of Carthage Excellence Award.