- MS in Kind Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (August 2017 – December 2018)
- B.S. in Communication Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China (September 2009 - June 2013)
- Visiting Student in Visual Computing Center, KAUST, Octorber 2016-April 2017
- Research Assistant in Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, September 2013-October 2016
Yu Tian is a Ph.D. student in the Communication Theory Lab (CTL) under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Yu Tian obtained his Master degree in Computer Science from KAUST in 2019 and Bachelor degree in Communication Engineering from Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) in 2013. From November 2016 to April 2017, he was a visiting student in Visual Computing Center in KAUST. Before coming to KAUST, he worked as a research assistant in Chinese Academy of Science focusing on antenna designing and signal processing from September 2013 to October 2016.
Yu Tian is focusing in the area of wireless communication. He’s currently working on performance analysis of wireless communication systems.
- Y. Tian, G. Pan and M. -S. Alouini, "Applying Deep-Learning-Based Computer Vision to Wireless Communications: Methodologies, Opportunities, and Challenges," in IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society, vol. 2, pp. 132-143, 2021, doi: 10.1109/OJCOMS.2020.3042630.
- Y. Tian, G. Pan and M. -S. Alouini, "On NOMA-Based mmWave Communications," in IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 15398-15411, Dec. 2020, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2020.3041020.