A compiler is a programmer's best friend; it can find every error in your source code.
-- Buffer Overflow
- M.Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Thessaly (UTH), 2015
- B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees in Computer, Communications, and Network Engineering, University of Thessaly (UTH), 2014
- Building 1, Level 4, 4409-WS06
Ioannis Zografopoulos received the B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees in Computer, Communications, and Network Engineering, and the M.Sc. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Thessaly, Volos, Greece, in 2014 and 2015, respectively. He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree at the Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Division (CEMSE) of King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). His research interests include cyber-physical and communications security, with emphasis on IoT and embedded systems for industrial, distributed energy, and power grid applications. He is an IEEE and IEEE PES graduate student member and has served as a reviewer for IEEE Access, IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, IEEE Computer Society Journal, as well as other IEEE and ACM conferences and journals.
I chose KAUST to continue my Ph.D. studies for a multitude of reasons. First, KAUST is one of the most rapidly evolving institutions with a preceding global reputation in its 10 years of operation. Achievements such as KAUST’s global standing and faculty citation ranking heavily weighted on my decision. Second, for the well-renowned faculty whose courses I will be able to attend, as well as the 7:1 faculty per student ratio. I am looking forward to working on innovative ideas and building connections with some of the most aspiring researchers in my field. Third, for the unparallel research infrastructure such as the Shaheen supercomputer cluster.
Achievements and Awards
- 1st place at Cyber Security Awareness Week - Embedded Security Challenge (CSAW-ESC) in USA/Canada and MENA regions, Nov 2021
- IEEE VLSI Test Symposium participation and travel grant, Apr 2020
- Passed Ph.D. qualifying examination, Nov 2019
- Cyber Resilient Energy Delivery Consortium (CREDC) student award, Jun 2019
- First-Class Honors, MSc Scholarship award, Nov 2015
- First-Class Honors, B.Eng, Jul 2014