January 21 - February 29
Applications are closed.
What is the Microelectronics Winter Camp?
KAUST Microelectronics Winter Camp is a 6-week research program aiming to develop the practical and creative skills of undergraduate and Master's students from all around the globe.
Participating students actively lead a research project which focuses on key areas of microelectronics research mentored by leading scholars and experts.
- Hands-on research projects in areas of modern electronics.
- Technical training in the use of state-of-the-art and emerging technologies such as Integrated Circuits (ICs), Inkjet Printing, 3D Printing, and Self-assembly.
- Designing a gadget prototype based on the project.
- Side workshops such as Research Skills and E-poster training.
- E-poster competition at the end of the program.
- Social event
Who can apply?
- Fresh graduate, senior undergraduate, or current master's students in Electrical Engineering areas.
- Cumulative GPA equivalent to 3.5 out of 4.00 or above.
- Good command of English.
- Motivation to work on research projects.
What will you get?
- Onboarding fees
- Free accommodation
- Access to community resources
- Certificate of completion
The application deadline has passed and short-listed candidates are being interviewed.
The camp has been one of the most valuable experiences for me so far. I had the possibility to grow personally and professionally during the camp, thanks to the time spent with excellent students from all over the world and experienced mentors. Working and interacting with the faculty group members in an extremely organized place allowed me to effectively manage my time.
I saw KAUST’s MEWC as the best place to cultivate my fascination for innovation. I am inclined to bring science and engineering into our daily lives, so MEWC’s objective of designing a gadget prototype, exposing its results and engaging with the best people in the engineering field caught my attention.
MEWC at KAUST was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The program not only allows you to work in cutting-edge facilities, and learn to address problems from different perspectives, but it also offers professional development opportunities, such as workshops and seminars, which helped me enhance my skills and knowledge in my field.