Everything in KAUST is optimized for developing innovative scientific research.
- PhD in Electronics, Telecommunications, and Information Technologies Engineering, University of Bologna, Department of Electrical, Electronic, and Information Engineering «Guglielmo Marconi», Cesena, Italy (2014 –2018)
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering- Port Said University, Port Said (Egypt) (2009-2013)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Port Said University (previously Suez Canal University), Port Said, Egypt (2003-2008)
- Post-doctoral Fellow (2018–2019) - University of Bologna, Italy, Department of Electrical, Electronic, and Information Engineering "Guglielmo Marconi"
- Teaching Tutor (2017-2019) - University of Bologna, Italy, School: Engineering and Architecture — Campus of Cesena
Honors & Awards
- Mentioned honor at the Lions Awards for Scientific Research and Innovative Technology 2018, for best PhD theses in the University of Bologna, Italy.
- Best Paper Award in the IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband (ICUWB), Spain, Sept. 2017.
- Scholarship from the EU-METALIC II program under the framework of Erasmus Mundus action 2, from 09/2014 to 07/2017.
- Honor degree at B.Sc. and ranked third on a class of 200 students, Suez Canal University, 2008.
- University of Port Said Graduate Fellowship, 2009-2012.
Building 1, Level 3, Room 3130
Ahmed Elzanaty has joined Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) Division of KAUST as a post-doctoral fellow at communication theory lab in March 2019.
Education and Early Career
Ahmed Elzanaty received the B.Sc. (with honors) and M.Sc. degrees in Electronics and Communications Engineering from Port Said University, Egypt, in 2008 and 2013, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree (excellent cum laude) in Electronics, Telecommunications, and Information technology from the University of Bologna, Italy, in 2018. Before joining KAUST, he was a research fellow at the University of Bologna (Italy) from 2018-2019. His research interests include statistical signal processing and digital communications, with particular emphasis on compressed sensing and sparse source coding.
Honors and Awards
He was the recipient of the best paper award at the IEEE Int. Conf. on Ubiquitous Wireless Broadband (ICUWB 2017). Also, he received a mentioned honor at the Lions Awards for Scientific Research and Innovative Technology 2018, for best PhD theses in the University of Bologna, Italy.