- B1-L4 -4212- CU04
- Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences & Engineering Division (CEMSE)
- Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences (AMCS)
- Stochastic Numerics Research Group (STOCHNUM)
- Ph.D. Applied and Computational Mathematics specialized in numerical analysis, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden, 2021
- M.Sc. in Engineering, Microelectronics, International track, Japanese, Sweden, 2014
Aku Jaakko Alexis Kammonen is a Postdoctoral Fellow at Stochastic Numerics Research Group under the supervision of Professor Raul F. Tempone at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Aku's research interests include Numerical Analysis, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Stochastic Optimization and High Dimensional Integration.
- A. Kammonen, J. Kiessling, P. Plecháč, M. Sandberg, A. Szepessy, R. Tempone, Smaller generalization error derived for deep compared to shallow residual neural networks, arXiv:2010.01887, 2020
- A. Kammonen, J. Kiessling, P. Plecháč, M. Sandberg, A. Szepessy, Adaptive random Fourier features with Metropolis sampling, Foundations of Data Science, 2, 3, 309, 2020
- A. Kammonen, P. Plecháč, M. Sandberg, A. Szepessy, Canonical Quantum Observables for Molecular Systems Approximated by Ab Initio Molecular Dynamics, Ann. Henri Poincaré 19, 2727–2781, 2018
- A. Kammonen, On a one-phase quasi-static Stefan problem for planar polygonal crystals grown from vapor in a bounded container, Advances in Mathematical Sciences and Applications Vol. 24, No.2 (2014), pp.317–331