- PhD., Computer Science, Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences & Engineering, KAUST, 2016
- M.Sc., Engineering Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt, 2010
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt, 2004
Honors & Awards
- Graduated B.Sc. Electrical Engineering with "Distinction with honor"
- Bronze medal in AOI, 2002.
Amr El-Rasad obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science under the supervision of Professor Basem Shihada at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Prior to KAUST, he was also an assistant lecturer for the Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt. He received his BSc in electrical engineering and MSc in engineering mathematics from Alexandria University, Egypt, in 2004 and 2010, respectively. Currently, Amr is working as a Post-Doctorate Fellow at Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin, Ireland.
Amr's research interests included Networking, Optical Burst Switching, Optical Packet Switching, Optical Code Division Multiple Access OCDMA, and Ethernet Passive Optical Networks EPON.
Thesis title: "Efficient Bandwidth Management for Ethernet Passive Optical Networks".