- Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium, 2015.
- M.Sc., Philosophical Sciences, Ca’ Foscari, Venice, Italy, 2010.
- M.Sc., Cellular and Genetic Biotechnology, Ghent University, Ghent, 2008.
- B.Sc., Philosophy, Ghent University, Ghent, 2008.
- B.Sc., Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University, Ghent, 2002.
- 2018-Present: Postdoctoral Fellow, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia.
- 2015-Present: Postdoctoral Fellow, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium.
- 2011-2015: Doctoral Fellow, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium.
Christophe Van Neste is a Postdoctoral Fellow under the supervision of Professor Xin Gao at the Structural and Functional Bioinformatics Group (SFB) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
My topic interests are centered around cancer and development, specifically related to the embryonal cancer neuroblastoma and how it links to the normal development of the sympathetic neuronal system. My focus there lies on replicative stress and secondary DNA structures such as G-quadruplexes and how that impacts development or cancer stem cell maintenance. My method interests are any kind of omics data and integration of such data, network analysis, and text mining.