I'm a numerical analyst and computational scientist, interested especially in time-dependent nonlinear wave phenomena. I'm interested in everything that goes into the computational solution of a scientific. problem: applications, numerical methods, analysis, software development, and high performance computing.
- Nonlinear waves in heterogeneous media
- Numerical analysis of ODE and PDE discretizations
- Numerical methods for hyperbolic PDEs
- High-performance computing and scalable algorithms
- Scientific software development
- Scientific computing in Python
- Ph.D. University of Washington, USA, 2009
- MS University of Washington, USA, 2008
- BS Brigham Young University, USA, 2004
Office: Bldg.1, R4240
David Ketcheson is an Associate Professor of Applied Mathematics and Computational Science (AMCS) and Principal Investigator of the Numerical Mathematics Group. He is also a member of the Extreme Computing Research Center.