Gaofeng Pan is a visiting researcher in the Communication Theory Lab (CTL) under the supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Gaofeng Pan received the B.Sc. degree in communication engineering from Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China, in 2005 and the Ph.D. degree in communication and information systems from Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China, in 2011.
He was with the Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA, from Sept. 2009 to Sept. 2011 as a joint-trained Ph.D. student under the supervision of Prof. E. Ekici. From May 2012 to April 2019, he was with Southwest University, Chongqing, China, as an associated professor and he was also with the School of Computing and Communications, Lancaster University, Lancaster, U.K., from Jan. 2016 to Jan. 2018, where he was a Post-Doctoral Fellow under the supervision of Prof. Z. Ding.
Honors and Awards
Gaofeng Pan was a recipient of the Exemplary Reviewer Award 2017 given by the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONS, and Best Tutor Award of National Innovation and Entrepreneurship Training Program for College Students in 2017. He also received the best doctoral thesis prize of Sichuan Province, China and the best doctoral thesis prize of Southwest Jiaotong University in 2013 and 2012, respectively.
His research interests span special topics in communications theory, signal processing and protocol design, including wireless optical communications, secure communications, CR/cooperative communications, UAV communications, and MAC protocols.
Gaofeng Pan serves as reviewer for the NFS of China and National Science Centre Poland. He has also served as a Reviewer for major international journals, e.g., the IEEE JOURNAL OF SELECTEDAREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS, IEEE COMMUNICATIONS MAGAZINE, the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONS, the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS, the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SIGNAL PROCESSING, the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY, the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION FORENSICS AND SECURITY, the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COGNITIVE COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING, the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SUSTAINABLE COMPUTING, etc.
- Joint PhD, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering/The Ohio State University/United States, 09/2009~09/2011
- PhD, Communications and Information System, The School of Information Science & Technology/Southwest Jiaotong University/China Institute: 09/2005~12/2011
- B.S. , Communication Engineering, College of Information Engineering/ZhengZhou University/China, 09/2001~06/2005
Awards and Distinctions
- 2017 Exemplary Reviewer of IEEE Transactions on Communications (<= 2%)
- 2017 Best Tutor Award of National Innovation and Entrepreneurship Training Program for College Students
- 2013 The best doctoral thesis prize of Sichuan Province, China
- 2012 The best doctoral thesis prize of Southwest Jiaotong University