Honors and Awards
- 2021 KAUST Academic Convocation Student Speaker 08/2021
- Valedictorian of the class of 2018, Alfaisal University 05/2018
- 2nd place in the Annual Research Day Student Poster Competition, Alfaisal University 05/2018
- The King Abdullah In-Kingdom Scholarship 2011-2016
• Member of the Structural Biology and Engineering lab (StruBE) – PI: Prof. Stefan Arold
• Earned a thesis-based Master of Science Degree in bioscience, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia, 2020.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Life Sciences, Alfaisal University, Saudi Arabia, 2018
Siba received her bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences from Alfaisal University in 2018 and was the Valedictorian of her class. In 2020, she received her master’s
degree in Bioscience from KAUST. She continued at KAUST and is currently a PhD student in the structural biology and engineering lab (StruBE) under the
supervision of Professor Stefan Arold. Her research focus is on elucidating the structure and function of specific eukaryotic protein kinases. She strives to help the community around her by partaking in various extracurricular activities. Here at KAUST she was a member of the BESE Student Committee and a member of the Monument Cyclists group in 2019. She was the student lead of the TEDxKAUST organizing team in 2021. As a KAUST student, she participated in many women empowerment panels, particularly with regards to women in the STEM fields.
In her free time, Siba is all about the spread of knowledge, hope and sympathy to the community around her. She is a Jigsaw puzzle enthusiast and an animal
lover. She is passionate about literature and art and how they can be used in the expression of science.
Elucidating the structure and function of proteins