- Bachelor’s degree in Physics Engineering, Monterrey Institute of Technology, Mexico (2019).
- Research Intern, Photonics Laboratory at KAUST.
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Early Career Professional Member of the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE).
Honors and Awards
- Global inks Mitacs Research Internship Scholarship (2018).
- Quantum Information Division Scholarship (2017).
- Excellent grade award (fall 2014 and spring 2015).
José Martín Farfán Esponda was a visiting student at the Photonics Laboratory in the Division of Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Science and Engineering (CEMSE) for the Photonics Summer Camp program. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Physics Engineering at Monterrey Institute of Technology in Mexico, in 2019.
José's research interests included Underwater Wireless Optical Communications and Visible Light Communications.