4 weeks - 4 months
July 2 - 31
What is the Photonics Summer Camp?
The KAUST Photonics Summer Camp (PSC) is a sponsored research program from 4 weeks to 4 months. It comprises a core of hands-on, cutting-edge research projects in various areas of modern photonics, accompanied by workshops and technical training in using state-of-the-art nanofabrication and imaging facilities.
It offers undergraduates and Master's students from across the globe the opportunity to participate in a research project in contemporary areas of photonics, such as semiconductor lasers, photonic integrated circuits, quantum technologies, optical communications, neuromorphic computing, and hyper-vision systems.
The camp allows participants to acquire hands-on experience in lab experiments, obtain knowledge certification on state-of-the-art nanofabrication tools, attend workshops with students and entrepreneurs, and participate in exciting field trips.
Students of the past editions concluded their works with articles in prestigious magazines and the filing of new patents.
If you are ready to boost your knowledge, explore the field of optical science and discover its endless possibilities, join us for our Photonics Summer Camp.
What is included?
- Hands-on research projects in the field of photonics.
- Documented technical training in the use of advanced and emerging technologies, such as nanofabrication and imaging facilities.
- Side workshops and social events.
- A showcase competition at the end of the camp with exciting awards.
Who can apply?
- Fresh graduate, senior undergraduate, or current Master's student in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material science, Optoelectronics, and related field.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.5 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- Proficiency in English.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for research projects.
- Living allowance
- Onboarding assistance
- Free accommodation
- Access to community resources
- Certificate of completion