Electricity is the heart of our lives today. Research in this field will never stop.
- Utilising SMES-FCL to improve the transient behaviour of a doubly fed induction generator DC wind system
Mariam Elshiekh, Abdelrahman Elwakeel, Sriharsha Venuturumilli, Hamoud Alafnan, Xiaoze Pei, Min Zhang, Weijia Yuan
International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Volume 131, 2021, 107099
- Application of SMES-FCL in Electric Aircraft for Stability Improvement
H. Alafnan, M. Elshiekh, Xiaoze Pei, Shadan Altouq, Seyed Mahdi Fazeli, Qixing Sun, Min Zhang, Weijia Yuan
IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1-6, Aug. 2019
- New Technique for Using SMES to Limit Fault Currents in Wind Farm Power Systems
M. E. Elshiekh, D. E. A. Mansour, M. Zhang, W. Yuan, H. Wang and M. Xie
IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1-5, June 2018.
- Effectiveness of Superconducting Fault Current Limiting Transformers in Power Systems
M. Elshiekh, M. Zhang, Harsha Ravindra, Xi Chen, Sriharsha Venuturumilli, Xiaohua Huang, Karl Schoder, Mischa Steurer and W. Yuan
IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 1-7, April 2018
Mariam’s research interests include renewable energy sources integration into electrical power grids, superconductivity applications, and energy storage systems. She is also interested in developing DC circuit breakers for HVDC systems.
- 2022-present: Research Engineer, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- 2020-2021: Lecturer, Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt
- 2019-2020: Visiting Researcher, Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK
- 2016-2020: PhD Researcher, University of Bath, Bath, UK
- 2009-2015: Teaching assistant, Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt
- M.Sc., Electrical engineering, Tanta University, Tanta, Egypt, 2014
- Ph.D., Electrical engineering, University of Bath, Bath, UK, 2020