Within our digital world, communications are of vital importance nowadays to all people. It is a fast-moving and fascinating field of study that leads its passionate to deep expertise on advanced technologies and compels them to stay up-to-date on recent trends.
- Postdoctoral fellow at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia (2019-Present)
- Ph.D. in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Higher school of communications of Tunis (Sup’Com) -Tunisia (2013-2017)
- Engineering Diploma in Electrical Engineering Higher school of communications of Tunis (Sup’Com)-Tunisia (2010-2013)
- Preparatory Classes in Mathematics – Physics (MP) Preparatory Institute for Engineering Studies of Tunis (IPEIT)-Tunisia (2008-2010)
- Adjunct professor at Higher school of communications of Tunis –Tunisia 2017-2018
- Part-time lecturer at Higher school of communications of Tunis –Tunisia 2014-2017
Al-Khawarizmi Applied Math. Building (Bldg. #1) | Bldg.1 Level 4 4216-WS03
Wiem Abderrahim is a Postdoctoral Fellow under the supervision of Prof. Mohamed Slim Alouini and Prof. Basem Shihada at the Communication Theory Lab, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Wiem Abderrahim accomplished her engineering studies in telecommunications with honors at the Higher School of Communications of Tunis, Carthage University in Tunisia in 2013. In 2017, she received her Doctoral Degree in Information and Communications Technologies from the same university.
Before joining KAUST, she worked as an adjunct professor at the Higher School of Communications of Tunis in 2017. She developed strong skills in teaching undergraduate students and she had the responsibility to supervise several graduation projects.
Wiem Abderrahim is interested in working on top-notch projects on 5G, edge computing and NFV to implement carrier-grade characteristics (e.g. high reliability and low latency).