for Campus life
KAUST life useful links
KAUST vpn (once set up, just click cisco Anyconnect)
First travel to KAUST
register on the Weqaya website https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/home. Choose vaccinated visitor and complete all information asked. Upon submission, it will generate a registration certificate, print a copy and bring it when you travel. We also suggest keeping a copy on your mobile. Please keep your vaccine certificate with you when you travel. Fill out the registration form by no earlier than 72 hours before your departure to the Kingdom
Upon arrival at Jeddah Airport, you will be met by a KAUST Government Affairs Officer who will assist you through immigration and customs (it's quite easy, you actually can do it by yourself, it only takes a few minutes). Please look for a driver holding a KAUST sign with your details on it as you exit the customs area and enter the main arrivals area with your luggage. The journey from the airport to KAUST takes approximately an hour after. Upon reaching the KAUST Security gate, please present yourself as a new resident and have your passport on hand for identification.
After having the Iqama, things you need to do
- Get a local sim card at the Mobily shop along the university spine.
- Once you have the Saudi Mobile Number and Iqama, please go to the Government Affairs Office and do the fingerprint at the green machine to register yourself on the Saudi Ministry of Interior Portal. You will receive a password on your Saudi Mobile Number and then login to the link below. https://www.absher.sa/portal/landing.html.
- Register your details in the National address website and keep the copy of the details with you when going to the bank to open an account (https://register.address.gov.sa/en/).
- The building number can be known using the mail & courier link https://communitylife.kaust.edu.sa/services/mail-courier.
- To open a Saudi bank account, you need the Iqama, mobile number and the address registration above
Useful contact information
for any assistance you need related to your employment with KAUST, you can find answers with HR Helpdesk, and you can visit in person on Level 2, Building 16 or email email@example.com
you can find any answers to questions around IT assets or accounts at IT Walk-In, located on Level 2, Building 14; you can also call 910 from your KAUST landline or email firstname.lastname@example.org
can help with any service/maintenance needs at your accommodation or in some campus spaces - you can call 959 or email email@example.com
Service Centre is located on the Campus Spine outside Building 4. The teams inside can help with any KAUST ID/vehicle sticker questions or any interactions needed with the Government can be done here. (Appointment required for ID / Vehicle Sticker, you can book through https://vms.kaust.edu.sa)
Saudi bank account
SABB Bank - https://eform.sabb.com/eao/#/
Office located along the University Spine
Office located at the Discovery Square