It is with great pleasure to share that, Agamyrat Agambayev earned a couple of letters, Dr, in front of his name :) He successfully defended his PhD thesis titled "Design, fabrication and application of a fractional order capacitor".
Agamyrat proposed a generic strategy for fractional-order capacitor fabrication that integrates layers of conductive, semiconductor and ferroelectric polymer materials to create a composite with significantly improved constant phase angle, constant phase zone, and phase angle variation performance. To prove the viability of this method, we have successfully fabricated fractional-order capacitors with the following: nanoparticles such as multiwall carbon nanotube (MWCNT), Molybdenum sulfide (MoS2) inserted ferroelectric polymers and PVDF based ferroelectric polymer blends. They show better performance in terms of fabrication cost and dynamic range of constant phase angle compared to fractional order capacitor from graphene percolated polymer composites.
This work resulted in the following journal publications:
- Agamyrat Agambayev, Mohamed Farhat, Shashikant P. Patole, Ali H. Hassan, Hakan Bagci, and Khaled N. Salama "An ultra-broadband single-component fractional-order capacitor using MoS2 ferroelectric polymer composite," Applied Physics Letters, 113, 093505 (2018); doi: 10.1063/1.5040345
- Kartci, Aslihan, Agamyrat Agambayev, Norbert Herencsar, and Khaled N. Salama. "Series-, Parallel-, and Inter-Connection of Solid-State Arbitrary Fractional-Order Capacitors: Theoretical Study and Experimental Verification." IEEE Access, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 10933-10943, 2018 doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2809918
- Agambayev, K. H. Rajab, A. H. Hassan, M. Farhat, H. Bagci, and K. N. Salama Towards fractional-order capacitors with broad tunable constant phase angles: Multi-walled carbon nanotube-polymer composite as a case study" J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 51 065602, 2018
- Agamyrat Agambayev, Shashikant P.Patole, Mohamed Farhat, Ahmed Elwakil, Hakan Bagci and Khaled N.Salama "Ferroelectric Fractional-Order Capacitors", ChemElectroChem, 2017, 4, 2807. doi:10.1002/celc.201700663 [news and news] [cover]
- Agamyrat Agambayev, Shashikant P.Patole, Ahmed Elwakil, Hakan Bagci and Khaled N.Salama "Tunable fractional-order capacitor using layered ferroelectric polymers", AIP Advances 7, 095202 (2017); doi: h10.1063/1.4991659
- S. Elwakil, A. Agambayev, A. Allaguie, K. N. Salama, "Experimental Demonstration of Fractional-Order Oscillators of Orders 2.6 and 2.7," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Vol 96, pp. 160-164, 2017
Agamyrat Agambayev (S’15) was born in Mary, Turkmenistan, in 1992. He received the B.S. degree in physics with double majoring in electrical and electronics engineering and the M.S. degree in biomedical engineering from Fatih University, Istanbul, Turkey, in 2012 and 2014, respectively. He is currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering with the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. His research interests include modeling, designing, and application of the fractional-order circuit elements.