KAUST is like an incubation environment that provides all the necessities generously for high-quality and impactful research.
- AI Accelerators
- Non-Von Neumann Architectures
- Neuromorphic Computing
- In-memory Computing
- Parallel and Heterogeneous Architectures
- Reconfigurable Computing
Building 3 (Ibn Sina), Level 3, Room 3326, WS-16
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, California, United States
- M.Sc., Computer Engineering, Bogazici University, 2013, Istanbul, Turkey
- B.Sc., Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Yeditepe University, 2011, Istanbul, Turkey
- B.Sc., Computer Engineering, Yeditepe University, 2011, Istanbul, Turkey
Education and early career
Hasan Erdem Yantır received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from the University of California, Irvine, the US and the M.Sc. degree in Computer Engineering from Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey. He was an engineer at Ericsson from 2011 to 2012 and at Ford Motor Company from 2012 to 2013. He is currently a postdoctoral research fellow at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia.
Hasan’s research interests include artificial intelligence, digital IC design, in-memory computing, computer architectures, and reconfigurable computing.
- Hasan Erdem Yantir, Ahmed M. Eltawil, Fadi J. Kurdahi, A Hybrid Approximate Computing Approach for Associative In-Memory Processors. IEEE J. Emerg. Sel. Topics Circuits Syst. 8(4): 758-769 (2018)
- Rana A. Abdelaal, Hasan Erdem Yantir, Ahmed M. Eltawil, Fadi J. Kurdahi, Power Performance Tradeoffs Using Adaptive Bit Width Adjustments on Resistive Associative Processors. IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems 66-I(1): 302-312 (2019)
- Hasan Erdem Yantir, Ahmed M. Eltawil, Smaïl Niar, Fadi J. Kurdahi, Power optimization techniques for associative processors. Journal of Systems Architecture - Embedded Systems Design 90: 44-53 (2018
- Hasan Erdem Yantir, Ahmed M. Eltawil, Fadi J. Kurdahi, A Two-Dimensional Associative Processor. IEEE Trans. VLSI Syst. 26(9): 1659-1670 (2018)
- Hasan Erdem Yantir, Ahmed M. Eltawil, Fadi J. Kurdahi, Approximate Memristive In-memory Computing. ACM Trans. Embedded Comput. Syst. 16(5): 129:1-129:18 (2017)
- Hasan Erdem Yantir, Salih Bayar, Arda Yurdakul, Efficient Implementations of Multi-pumped Multi-port Register Files in FPGAs. DSD 2013: 185-192