- M. Sc., Computer Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), 2016
- M. Sc., Computer Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), 2016
- B. Sc., Software Engineering, China University of Geosciences, 2013
Honors & Awards
- National Scholarship, 2012
- National Scholarship, 2011
- Outstanding Students Award, 2010
Guangming Zang is a Ph. D. candidate in the Computational Imaging Group (VCCIMAGING) under the supervision of Professor Wolfgang Heidrich at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Guangming obtained his bachelor degree in Software Engineering from China University of Geosciences in Wuhan, China in 2013. He received his master degree in Computer Science from University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in China.
Before joining KAUST, Guangming was a research assistant (2013 – 2014) at The National Space Science Center at Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, China.
He joined KAUST in 2014 and obtained another master degree in Computer Science.
Guangming is focusing in the area of computational imaging, optimization, machine learning, and some deep learning. He’s currently working on space-time reconstruction, variational methods for motion optimization and animation.
Honors and Awards
During his studies in China, Guangming received Outstanding Students Award (2010) and National Scholarship two time from the years 2011 and 2012.