- Ph.D., Computer Science, Tsinghua University, China, 2019
Selected Honors & Awards
- Tsinghua Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award
- National Scholarship (top 1%), Tsinghua Scholarship, Kwang-Hua Scholarship
- A pacesetter of Outstanding Graduates (highest)
- The First Prize in Collegiate Advanced Mathematics Contest (highest)
Zhize Li is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow working with Professor Peter Richtarik in his research group at the Visual Computing Center (VCC) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Zhize Li received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences of Tsinghua University in 2019 under the supervision of Prof. Jian Li.
On the career side, before joining KAUST, he was a visiting scholar at the Computer Science Department of Duke University (Hosted by Prof. Rong Ge) and a visiting scholar at the Industrial and Systems Engineering of Georgia Institute of Technology (Hosted by Prof. Guanghui (George) Lan).
His research interests lie in theoretical computer science and machine learning, in particular, convex/nonconvex/distributed optimization, machine learning, algorithms and data structures.