- B.Sc., Information Systems, Kazakh-British Technical University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2009.
- M.Sc, Information Systems, Kazakh-British Technical University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 2010.
- Ph.D. Student, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, 2015-Present.
- Bio-Ontology Research Group (BORG).
- Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC).
- Computer, Electrical, and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE).
Maxat Kulmanov is a Ph.D. candidate in the Bio-Ontology Research Group at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) under the supervision of Professor Robert Hoehndorf.
Maxat's research interests include bioinformatics, knowledge representation and reasoning, machine learning, neural networks, semantic web, and algorithms. He is interested in knowledge discovery and data integration using artificial intelligence and semantic web technologies in biology and biomedicine.
- 2012-2015: Software Development Engineer, Educational Systems Production, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- 2011-2012: Visiting Research Student, University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany.
- 2009-2011: Lecturer, Kazakh-British Technical University, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).