Registration is closed!
Participants are selected on a competitive basis.
- Saudi citizenship
- Advanced undergraduate or a current master's student in the related area of study (Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Statistics).
- Cumulative GPA equivalent to 3.6 out of 4.00 or above.
- Good command of English.
- Pass all KAUST interviews.
- Up-to-date CV outlining your experience and interests.
- Current transcripts, in English.
- Copy of your National ID.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Copy of your COVID vaccination certificate (please refer to the Vaccination Requirements below).
Online Application Process
- Create an account.
- Log in and complete the application, and upload all the required documents.
- Select three CEMSE professors that you are interested in working with. In order to do this successfully, you should read the profiles of the faculty professors. You can read more about our faculty here.
- If you are invited to the KAUST interview, you will be asked to discuss why you have chosen the noted professors.
- Please make sure you have submitted your application by this deadline or you will not be considered for the internship.
- If you have applied to KAUST as an intern before, you will need to use a different e-mail address.
Application Review Stage
Your application will be reviewed in the following way and you will need to pass each stage to be successful:
- Faculty review your online application
- Interview with the faculty or division staff
- Interview with KAUST administration
- Decision issued
- An onboarding advisor will contact you to arrange your arrival.
- We will arrange your accommodation (please let us know if you are commuting and will not require accommodation on campus).
- Due to restricted housing on campus, your housing is fixed. In the case you have a valid reason to change houses, approval must be sought from the Internship Specialist and you will then be asked to contact the housing office directly.
Before you Arrive!
- All applicants applying for the program, must obtain and show proof of full vaccination.
- Tawakkalna status should be immune (Green).